Jacksonville Workers’ Compensation Attorneys – (910) 446-3080
What are you supposed to do when you are depending on workers’ compensation benefits but your claim is denied? You might have a few potential paths ahead of you. Allow our workers’ compensation lawyers of King Law Firm act as your legal guide so you know you are making the right choice.
Reasons why you should choose our law firm for your representation:
- We have 30+ years of collective legal experience.
- We can come to your home or hospital room for meetings.
- We answer the phone 24/7 for client emergencies.
- We are highly-recognized and awarded for our skills and professionalism.
Begin your workers’ comp claim with confidence by contacting our firm.
What to Do If Your Workers’ Comp Claim is Denied
There are a few reasons why an insurance provider might deny your workers’ comp claim, including:
- You filed your claim with misinformation, including small typos.
- Your claim was filed outside statutes of limitations.
- Your employer argues your injury is not work-related.
- You no longer work for that employer.
- You are an independent contractor and do not qualify for workers’ comp benefits.
After your workers’ compensation claim is denied, you have to decide what to do next to ensure you get the medical benefits and lost wages you deserve. It is likely that you have two choices: file an appeal or prepare for litigation.
An appeal will ask a Workers’ Compensation Appeals Board to review the denial and overturn it. The Board that reviews your case may vary depending on your state and employment. Litigation may be the right choice if an appeal has already failed, or uncommon circumstances make it seem unlikely for an appeal to succeed. During litigation, our attorneys can act on your behalf to present your argument before the court, pursuing a ruling in your favor. It is our goal to make certain you get every last penny of benefits you deserve.
Aggressive in Court Yet Compassionate for Our Clients
At King Law Firm, our Jacksonville, North Carolina workers’ comp lawyers proudly show our workers’ compensation clients true compassion and care throughout their cases. Whenever we deal with the opposition, though, we show our tenacious sides that stop at nothing to uphold our clients’ rights. To see how our award-winning representation can benefit your case, call (910) 446-3080 or fill out an online contact form today.