Ken was born in Honolulu, Hawaii in 1961 and served as a Captain in the United States Marine Corps from 1986 through 1990, where he was a member of the JAG Corps. Ken practices law in the following areas: workers’ compensation, personal injury litigation, and wrongful death, trials in state and federal courts and arbitrations.
Certifications & Memberships
He is a Board Certified Workers’ Compensation Specialist through the North Carolina State Bar and was recently appointed to a three-year term on the North Carolina Bar Association Workers’ Compensation Section Council. Mr. King is also a member and frequent lecturer at the Workers’ Compensation Section of the North Carolina Academy of Trial Lawyers.
University of North Carolina Chapel Hill
- Bachelor of Science
Mercer University School of Law Macon, 1983
- Georgia Judicial Studies – Cum Laude
Naval Justice School Newport, Rhode Island, 1987
- Graduated With Honors.
- North Carolina State Bar – 1986
- North Carolina Bar Association
- Workers’ Compensation Section Council
- North Carolina Board of Legal Specialization
- North Carolina Advocates for Justice Georgia Bar Association, 1986
- The Association of Trial Lawyers of America
- Onslow County Bar Association
- New Hanover County Bar Association
Jurisdictions Admitted To Practice
- US Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit – 1990
- US District Court, Eastern District of North Carolina – 1990