Important Things to do if you have a Motorcycle Accident
6 Things to do if you have a Motorcycle Accident
Motorcycle accidents have a reputation for being a few of the most dangerous. Motorcycle offer little protection to riders in the event of an accident; therefore the injuries are frequently severe needing long healing periods.
Normally, motorcycle mishaps are not the biker’s fault. Due to the size difference in between a bike and passenger car, bikes are more difficult to see and are frequently lost in the passenger car’s “blind spot.” Due to this reality cyclists are often hit by cars that just did not see them.
Some stunning data from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration show that motorcyclists are 32 times most likely to pass away in an accident than passenger automobile occupants, and 6 times more likely to suffer injuries. It is essential to remember that bicycle riders are entitled to compensation for injuries due to another person’s neglect as well as traveler car drivers.
If you are involved in a motorbike accident it is very important to bear in mind the following things:
1. Report the accident to police. The cops’ accident report is important to your lawyer in identifying who is at fault.
2. Tape-record the names and declarations of witnesses to your accident. Take pictures and record any uncommon conditions which might have contributed to the mishap.
3. Do not talk to any insurance coverage representatives or adjusters that may appear at the scene or contact you. This is a dishonest technique often utilized to get individuals to admit fault or state something that could hurt their claim.
4. Call your insurance company to report the accident. Let your motorbike mishap injury attorney deal with them directly.
5. Even if you feel you have not sustained a major injury, it is a good idea to get had a look at by a physician. Some brain injuries do not show up right away and insurance companies may hesitate to pay for an injury later on.
6. Contact a motorcycle accident injury attorney as quickly as possible.
If you’ve been injured while riding a motorcycle due to the negligence of another drive, Contact The King Law Firm today for a free consultation.